My client are one of Europe’s fastest growing FMCG businesses and are currently looking for a talented Financial Controller who has a track record in effective people management ideally from with the FMCG market.
The role will support the senior management team and will sit alongside the Commercial Finance Manager and the Financial Director to form the UK Finance leadership
This is a classic Financial Controller position with all the responsibility for the production and delivery of financial performance.
The role will oversee the transactional finance function as well as the management accounting team in the production of the all timely financial information.
Financial Controller key duties:
- Oversee both the Finance Executives’ work (their roles fully cover traditional accounts payable and accounts receivable roles, processing broadly all inputs into SAP Business One, the company accounting and ERP software, as well doing most of the heavy lifting for financial reporting purposes).
- Manage weekly meetings with the Operations team to ensure quick identification, quantification and resolution of issues.
- Working with the head of Finance to manage the cashflow of the business.
- Preparation of monthly payroll.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and ensuring VAT compliance.
- Ensure compliance with bank and lending covenants.
- Ensure adequate insurance policies always in existence.
- Manage the month end process, pulling together a financial report for the Finance Director to discuss at Board.
- Use of SAP Business One on a day to day basis working on a range of the duties discussed here.
- Act as main point of contact with external accountants / auditors / financial advisors.
- Assist Head of Finance in preparation of annual budgets, recommending changes that will improve the company’s financial performance and financial controls.
Ideally the candidate will be:
- Professionally qualified with a recognised educational body (ACA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Advanced Excel Experience with SAP business One advantageous.
- Excellent with team development and management experience
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills
- From a fast paced FMCG environment
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
For more Finance jobs please contact me or one of my colleagues at CMC Consulting Ltd
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.